There are several options for schools who have children with Selective Mutism:
1. Online School Training -
Selective mutism core training for schools.
Further information, including a video about the course, course structure and content, and FAQ can be found here.
2. Phone/Skype session -
A phone or Skype session allows us to discuss the child's selective mutism. As every child with selective mutism is different, during the session I gain an understanding of the specific child and their talking behaviour. I then provide strategies of how to help the child to make steps forward with talking at school.
3. In person school training - training for school staff on Selective Mutism. Interventions explained. We discuss the child in depth including what causes their anxiety and tangible strategies to support the child overcoming SM.
4 . Direct intervention -
- Meeting with the school to discuss the child
- Observation of the child in class
- School training
- Small steps intervention plan for the school
- Weekly email contact with the allocated keyworker - mentoring the keyworker in delivering the programme.