There are several options for schools who have children with Selective Mutism:
1. Online School Training -
Selective mutism core training for schools.
Further information, including a video about the course, course structure and content, and FAQ can be found here.
2. Online sessions -
Online sessions allows us to discuss the child's selective mutism. As every child with selective mutism is different, during the session we gain an understanding of the specific child and their talking behaviour. We then provide strategies of how to help the child to make steps forward with talking at school.
3. In person school training - training for school staff on Selective Mutism. Interventions explained. We discuss the child in depth including what causes their anxiety and tangible strategies to support the child overcoming SM.
4 . Direct intervention -
- Meeting with the school to discuss the child
- Observation of the child in class
- School training
- Small steps intervention plan for the school
- Weekly email contact with the allocated keyworker - mentoring the keyworker in delivering the programme.